Dec 26, 2008

Another year slips by...

2008 is slipping away. Another 5 days to go. Each of you probably have your own way of bringing on the New Year. Some like to keep it simple. Some hit the dance floors. Some keep their pitchers full. Some seek blessings from the Gods above. And for some January 1st is just as ordinary as any other day on the calendar!!! In the end it all boils down to ushering in the New Year on a note that appeals to you the most.

For me, it's that time of the year when I take stock of all that happened to me and all that brought me a smile or a tear (usually works the plural way!!!).

Here are some of my
bestest moments of 2008...

A little princess made her way into my family and all our hearts. My li'l niece , Harini, was born on the 13th of February 2008. She's a darling and is by far one of the best things that happened to me in this last one year. She's the reason I'm officially an 'aunty' :P... but she beautifully covers up for that with her smile and by doubling up as my punching bag :). That's a recent picture of hers alongside... post-processed and touched up by me... stuff I picked up from her dad.

Toastmasters happened to me in 2008. A special thank you to Swastika for introducing me to the Covansys Chennai Toastmasters Club (Covansys Chennai Toastmasters Chapter now... name changes I tell you :D). I am so glad I joined Toastmasters. Improving communication and leadership skills maybe its USP, but for me Toastmasters means a lot lot more... I met the most amazing bunch of people at CCTM and the times I've spent with them will always be cherished.

My short stint with Rebelz - a Chennai-based English theater group - for one of their shows. I know I didn't make as much of a contribution, but the few weeks that I spent with the Rebelz junta was by far the most fun weeks in my two years at Chennai. All the best guys for all your shows in the future.

My trip to Munich and the awesome experiences it brought along - the places, the people, the special moments by myself - was a perfect trip... away and yet not away!!! Given a chance I'd love to go back to Munich... quite a few incomplete moments to complete!!!

This was one year I spent watching a lot of movies. Some of the movies that left an impression - A Wednesday, The Bucket List, Fashion, The Pursuit of Happyness, Bridge to Terabithia (on someone's recommendation!)... and a few eye-sores like Yuvvraaj and Karzzz!!

iGoogle and Google Reader - my 'kill sleep at work' pills for the year :P News, views, interesting blogs... all of them RSSed in one window... read on endlessly!!! Guess that's made me more regular on my blog space too :)

Five of my really close couple friends got married in 2008. I felt just as happy for them as they probably felt themselves. I could not make it to any of the weddings in person and I still regret that... but I wish them all great lives ahead with a special mention on my blog :). Congratulations jodis... Ramya and Suman, Jay and Vrunda, Ojas and Shital, Sheetal and Sachin, Amrit and Rutvij.

That's about all that comes to mind for the moment. A lot of not-so-happening events also happened during the year but I've ranted a lot about all of that in my earlier posts.

The one thing I want to say before I wrap up this post... some things missed the list above coz they chose to stay incomplete in 2008. So be it. I choose to believe that they'll feature on my 'bestest moments of 2009' list... coz am not giving up on them!!!

8 comments:

Namrata December 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Looks like 2008 was a great year for you..:) Wish u a very happy new year!! I hope 2009 is even better for you..And ahem...ahem... - those 'incomplete' lil things you quickly mentioned in your last para..i hope they figure out on your 'bestest' events-list for the next year! :D :D

priya December 26, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

@bakri... thanx for the comment n those luvly wishes :)

my fingers crossed for next year's list too :)

nsiyer December 26, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

Hi Priya! It was written just the Bindaas way. Care free but straight from the gut.
All the best for 2009 and let us resolve to post and share. a ll the best, Priya.

priya December 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

@Iyer Sir - thanks for dropping by and for leaving your comment too.

Best Wishes to you and your family too in the New Year ahead.

Unknown December 28, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Hey this was an interesting way to bring down the year, I never thought of that but this is simply excellent!

Some of those memories specially of CCTM were very good thought I joined it last year 2007.

priya December 29, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

@vikram - thanx for the comment...

yeah, u must hav joined in 2007... i came in sometime arnd jan this year...

why don't you take this up as your next blog? it's fun actually... infact the year seems a lot more satisfying when you think through for the positives... helped me forget the not so happy moments... even if atleast for a couple of minutes...

think abt it... n take it up if you wish...

Unknown December 29, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Nani

Lets hope you have a great year ahead and give us all a reason to travel to chennai with gifts for you :)

priya December 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

@venky... thanx for dropping by...

thanks for the wishes too... but why wait for a reason... i accept gifts round the year round the clock :P

wishing you a rocking 2009 as well :)

Wanna Borrow a Book?

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Interesting Feeds

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP