Jul 21, 2009

Bangalore So Far...

I've been in Bangalore for a good five months now... been thinking ever since I landed up in Garden City, that I must spare some time and blog about how I've been doing in the new place. Somehow something or the other took priority and time decided not to spare itself :D Here's a quick one on what changed and how during my time in every Bangalorean's Namma Bengaluru :)

  • The big fat house hunt began as mission #1 when I landed up in Bangalore. I spent the initial first month at a family friend's place. Had a wonderful 'home away from home' experience there :)
  • After a month's hunt I found this little 1BHK for myself. Always had this secret wish to live alone, all by myself, some day. Was thrilled when this wish materialized :)
  • Got busy setting up my new house... it's a cute, cozy place that I enjoy being in :) Best part is I have IIM Bangalore as my next door neighbour and I ensure I make a mention of it when someone asks me for my address. That's the closest I could get to the IIMs :)
  • Got to be a part of Infosys! I never once miss the raising eyebrows or throats clearing when someone says 'Oh wow! You're with Infosys!' :)
  • Was on bench for the initial one and a half months or so. Having been in the IT industry for over 4 years and never once been on bench before was kind of making me feel left out! I completely enjoyed this 'bench time' :)
  • Joined up Infosys Toastmasters to continue my journey as a Toastmaster. Have been busy at work of late and not able to spare as much time for it. Managed to attend a few sessions and even MCed a milestone meeting here. Met some amazing Toastmasters and even shared the same stage as many distinguished ones :)
  • Crossed paths with a wonderful person at work. She's turned out to be my best dost at Bangalore. We've giggled like idiots, cried like babies, passed remarks at anyone we sight, shopped and have not yet dropped and have had loads of fun together :)
  • Shopped like never before... from clothes to footwear to you name it I've shopped it :)
  • Got to meet my batchmates from Symbiosis more often. Quite a handful in Bangalore :)
  • Met someone special for the first time at Bangalore... his folks and mine decided we go ahead and get married :) We're happily engaged now and we're getting married soon and I am so looking forward to it :) He's the best and the reason behind why you'll find me smiling at any time you choose to spot me... including at the end of every line above :)
Missed blogging and the whole blog duniya for a long time now... I do try and catch up with blogs that I read regularly... I hope to get back to being more regular with my Bindaas Baatein soon!!!

13 comments:

Unknown July 22, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Nice post to return to the blogging scene !! Welcome back :)

Unknown July 27, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Nice to c ur post.keeeeeep Blogiiinggg!!!!!!!!!!

priya August 2, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

@Amit, @Kavitha

Thanks for dropping by :)

nsiyer August 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

Good one! Nice to hear from you. Post more.

Unknown August 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Congratulations on so many fronts....
First of all on meeting the someone special... I know that feeling...
Secondly I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay on the bench, I am sure it was an experience and finally good to see at least you were living close to IIM and on your own.
Keep in touch.

priya August 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

@Iyer Sir - Thanks for the comment.

@Vikram - Thanks for the wishes :) Good to see you back with your blog posts.

priya September 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

hey pradeep...

gud to see u around here... thanx a ton...

sorry been out of touch for a long long time now... will catch up online some time mayb...

take care n all the best to u n the rest of the rebelz for the big show thats coming up... :)

minal shah September 21, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Remembered all those days when I was in Banglore, looking for PG and meeting new frnds , even I found someone special when I was in bangalore :) ahh that feeling is amazing.
Nice blog Priya, keep witting.

priya September 21, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

hey minal...

thanx for dropping by and leaving your comment too...

gud to hear you share the same feelings about bangalore... :)

Anonymous,  November 14, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Wanna Borrow a Book?

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Interesting Feeds

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP