Jan 28, 2009

Are You Going to Finish Strong?

Just as I was thinking about what I could write on next, I stumbled upon a video that perfectly appears to be a sequel to my earlier post.

There are a million obstacles that we may come across in life... but there are people around us with deeper sufferings who somehow still emerge winners. They are truly worth emulating.

My hero for the moment is Nick Vujicic. He was born without limbs and has continued to live without them. For someone like him probably managing to live life is a challenge in itself. What is amazing is that despite all odds he's also helping a whole lot of others (including those of us blessed with limbs) help live theirs more meaningfully.

Check out this video. It is just one of his inspiring short talks.

The audience is left in tears at the end of it.
I'm sure you'll be silently sniffing once you're done with watching it. I only hope you feel as much stronger, as me once you're done with that :)

I'd only like to add... that however much you may feel down and out, just keep hanging on to the idea that things will only get better than what they are now... eventually! Hats off to you Nick... you made my day!!!

5 comments:

S. Ravi Venkatramana January 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Dear Priya,

I remember receiving a mail from you in the year 2007 about Nick Vujicic. Absolutely inspirational! You had also given his website link - www.lifewithoutlimbs.org

I still remember that mail and in fact forwarded to one boy who had lost his legs in an unfortunate train accident. That boy was the first one to receive us when we went for campus placement.

I will watch the video and revert. Good that you posted it in your blog.

- Ravi

priya January 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

@Ravi Sir

Thanks for the comment. Good to hear that you sent out that mail to that boy. I'm sure it would have given him a lot of strength.

Sometimes though, it seems that such examples of battling against the odds is more of an eye opener for those who are perfectly normal n yet take life for granted!!!

Nick's a role model for sure!

nsiyer January 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Where were you, Priya? You don't seem to be coming to my blog.In my post on 'Hospital Highlights', I had mentioned about Gajanan, a supervisor, who toiled because he thought it was his mission. Such people like Nick inspire.

I shall definitely see the video and revert. Good to see you back, again.

priya January 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

@Iyer Sir

Thanks for the comment and for linking it to your recent post.

You're right, I've been offline for a couple of days. I was away on a vacation. Will blog about it soon :)

I'll catch up with your last two posts asap and put in my thoughts as comments over the weekend.

Kevin March 11, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Hey Priya,

Inspirational is putting it mildly.
That video just blew me away.


-Kevin

Wanna Borrow a Book?

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Interesting Feeds

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP